Estate Planning Attorneys
Do you have questions about preparing an estate plan in Michigan? At, our Grand Rapids estate planning attorneys will give you peace of mind by preparing your estate planning documents and will addressing the concerns unique to your family. Your Tanis Schultz estate planning attorney will help you identify your goals and develop a plan to fit your specific needs. Our attorneys concentrate on estate planning, probate and trust administration and guardianship.
The estate planning attorneys at Tanis Schultz are familiar with state and federal laws regarding estate planning in Michigan and will provide experienced and insightful legal representation to prepare a custom fit estate plan for you and your family. There is no reason not to have a will or a trust in place, regardless of the size of your estate. Having a properly prepared estate plan will give you peace of mind — knowing that you have been proactive in planning for your family and your assets when you are gone.
Our Grand Rapids MI clients trust us for our dependable advice and effective solutions to estate planning problems. Below are some common estate planning questions and answers:
- What is an "estate"?
- What is estate planning?
- What is probate?
- What is a will?
- Does a Will avoid Probate?
- Does a Will avoid taxes?
- Why then, is a Will important?
- What happens if I do not have a will?
- How is a will used to distribute my property?
- Does a living trust avoid estate tax?
- If I don‘t have a will, will the State of Michigan get everything?
- Do I need to have a will or an estate plan if all of my property is owned jointly?
- Do I need an estate plan even if I don‘t have a lot of assets?
- Are Living trusts the only way to avoid Probate?
- Is avoiding Probate the most important reason to have an estate plan?
- Who will take care of my children if I cannot?
- Who should be the guardian of my children?
- Who should handle money intended for the benefit of my children?
- Who should be the beneficiary of my life insurance for my children?
- What happens if I don‘t name a guardian in my will?
- Can I delegate short term care of my children to another person?
For more information about the estate planning attorneys at Tanis Schultz, or if you have questions about will, trust or estate planning, please contact our office or call us directly at 616.608.7149.